Monday, October 13, 2008

so I go to the doctor this morning for an update on my degenerating disks and the doctor asks about how the 3 meds she gave me are working out - I mention that I've been experimenting with them (which, I'm doctors LOVE to hear) and I mention that whatthefuckoprine*, a muscle relaxant, definitely relaxes my muscles and makes me feel more comfortable, but it also makes me very angry** - which is fine with me, but not so pleasant for the people with whom I live. So she tells me that she'll let me try something else in the "same family". She brings me a bunch of samples of a medication that will forever be know as the coolest-named medication in the history of medication*** - Skelaxin.

Isn't that a great fucking medication name? Skelaxin. It sounds like a ska band, or something you do at a Greatful Dead concert - "Dude, ease up, we're skelaxin here".

Unfortunately, I can't tell you how the medication works yet, as I'm a little scared of taking it since it states that it may cause:

Central Nervous System depression****
Nausea
Vomiting
Gastrointestinal Distress
Dizziness
9billionotherthingsIdon'trememberoffhand
and
"irritability" - in quotations like that. Nothing else on the list was in quotes. This scares me, like, is "irritability" a euphemism for "homicidal butcher-your-family rage"?

And my husband had the day off from work and my kid did NOT have the day off from school so we'd planned on going to see an "R" rated movie and if I killed him before that, then who would I share popcorn with? Maybe I'll Skelax tomorrow.

In other news, "How to Lose Friends and Alienate People" is, like everything else Simon Pegg does, wonderful (in spite of Kirsten Dunst's best attempts to make it suck). I completely and totally adore Simon Pegg and if I do murder my husband in a fit of medicated rage, he's totally my first choice for a stepdad for my child.




*not the brand name of the medication

** like HULK SMASH angry

*** a title previously held by LIPITOR, which sounds like a superhero's nemesis's corporation, bent on world domination

**** Which I believe was the third album from the Skelaxins

3 comment(s):

  • I have taken skelaxin several times, It's wonderful, it doesn't make you sleepy, and I noticed no side effects, noticed no side effects, noticed no side effects. just kidding. it's goood stuff.

    I really had no problems with it.


    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:50 PM  

  • The Hubster was taking sine muscle relaxant for his shoulder that turned him into an angry evil bastard and then when he stopped he had horrible dank depression for like 2 weeks. I couldn't say boo about it though as i took him on that whole meds whirlwind a few years back (nice way of saying that time i totally lost my shit n meds made me worse)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:10 AM  

  • "Dude, ease up, we're skelaxin over here" made me laugh out loud and it woke the dog up. Thanks! I hadn't heard of that particular drug yet, but if my back acts up again (I have two degenerated disks myself, but they've been mostly-OK for almost 10 years now, woo hoo) I will ask for Skelexin BY NAME!

    By Blogger Lisa Armsweat, at 10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home