Tuesday, December 27, 2011

 so it was well over a year ago since I last updated my 100 things (and I'm always looking for ways to procrastinate) so here's the new almost-2012 edition of 100 things

1. I won't carry a purse unless it's big enough to hold my camera
2. I always have my camera with me
3. my favorite comfort food is mashed potatoes and brown gravy
4. I am terrified of spiders, cockroaches and sharks
5. I love taking pictures of creepy spiders
6. In spite of my paralyzing fear of sharks, I love the beach and the ocean
7. I'm more prone to wearing lip balm than lipstick
8. I hate greeting cards
9. I watch a lot of tv
10. I always have my iPod/iTunes on shuffle
11. Otis Redding is the only artist I never skip on shuffle
12. I prefer my eggs over-medium
13. Rye is my favorite type of bread
14. Raspberries are my favorite berry
15. I hate talking on the phone
16. I hate voicemails (seriously, send me a text)
17. I am insanely disorganized
18. I've been dyeing my hair since I was about 15
19. At least every couple years I try to dye my hair blond, but it always looks crappy on me
20. I like tattoos
21. I played roller derby for a couple of years and sometimes I miss it like crazy
22. I like the smells of rain, fresh cut grass and fabric softener
23. I like my bacon crispy
24. My eyes are officially hazel, but they are usually murky green color
25. I go out of my way to avoid contact with most people
26. My brain works at a different speed than my mouth and sometimes I forget words when I'm in the middle of a sentence
27. I have a very short temper
28. I drive a Prius, but I'm not one of those Prius driver-type people
29. I'm a Google junkie, I google everyone and everything
30. I don't like to lie, but this doesn't mean I always tell the whole truth
31. I rarely go out of my way to be friends with anyone
32. I love Doris Day/Rock Hudson movies
33. My favorite necklace is a tiny silver thing that says "Eat at Joes"
34. I sleep with my feet sticking out from under the covers
35. I always order iced tea at restaurants
36. I love cilantro
37. Thanksgiving is my favorite day to cook - it's like the Super Bowl of cooking to me
38. My favorite pizza toppings are pepperoni and black olives
39. My biggest pet peeve is when people use "your" when it should be "you're"
40. I can be a little persnickety about spelling and grammar
41. Usually I don't think before I speak
42. I am categorically unable to keep plants alive
43. I think "Midnight Train to Georgia" by Gladys Knight and the Pips is one of the best songs ever written
44. My favorite tv shows are "Psych", "Sons of Anarchy" and "Justified"
45. My current favorite painter is Jose Royo
46. I saw an exhibit of Royo paintings a few years ago in Vegas and almost cried because they were so beautiful
47. When I was a kid, I was obsessed with horses and the Smurfs
48. I like really dark coffee with real cream, evaporated milk or sweetened condensed milk
49. I wish I could speak a second language - preferably French or Italian
50. I have 2 dogs, 2 cat, 4 snakes, a bearded dragon and a kid
51. If I had the room, I'd love to have goats and chickens because I fell in love with them with I worked at the farm in Texas (go donate if you can, they need it, those animals insist on eating every single day)
52. "Hot Fuzz" is one of my favorite movies
53. "Valley Girl" is another
54. "Gladiator" is another
55. "An Affair to Remember" is another
56. I paint, embroider, write and take pictures
57. Photography is, at the same time, the easiest and most difficult of my artistic pursuits
58. I have a spectacular collection of knee socks from my derby days, but I usually hate having to wear anything other than flip flops
59. I'm always barefoot at home
60. I don't have a favorite color
61. I'm extremely nearsighted (but will never be seen in public in my glasses because they make me look like a bug)
62. I love mid-century modern architecture
63. I have had a problem with depression and anxiety for as long as I can remember and have been working on finding the right cocktail of meds for the last couple of years
64. I have a degenerative disk thing in my back and have been working on finding the right cocktail of exercises, stretching and over-the-counter stuff, but there are still some days when I can barely walk
65. My wisdom teeth still haven't come in
66. I like giraffes and any other animal with long eyelashes
67. I can't draw
68. I like ridiculous people and things
69. ... tee hee, 69
70. I can be incredibly immature (see above)
71. I wish I knew how to knit or crochet
72. I started liking basketball because The Kid plays it
73. The Kid is the funniest person on the planet
74. My favorite basketball teams are the Lakers, the Clippers, the Celtics and whatever team The Kid is on
75. I find small towns charming
76. I make excellent cinnamon rolls and croissants
77. Being able to make croissants is one of my biggest achievements
78. I always use my turn signals, even when no one is around
79. I don't always drive the speed limit
80. I hate hate HATE being stuck in traffic
81. Punctuality is important to me
82. I'm sporadically lactose-intolerant
83. When I was a kid, I had aspirations of being a jockey and a lawyer (not at the same time, but how cool would that have been?)
84. I make my own pizza dough
85. My dad passed away in January of this year and it hits me at the weirdest times
86. I used to collect stickers like crazy when I was a kid
87. I drink a lot of water
88. I used to get really bad grades in handwriting when I was in elementary school
89. I've wanted to be a writer since I was in 2nd grade
90. I generally assume that everyone I meet is cooler than I am
91. I can never find the matching lids of my tupperware containers
92. I can be a very absent friend and, unless it's within two weeks of mine, I will forget your birthday
93. I don't understand the need of people to share every single mundane detail of their lives
94. I check my Facebook and Twitter maybe once a day to see if anyone has given birth or died
95. I do everything in my power to not read comments on the internet
96. I have an endless capacity for useless knowledge and like to share it
97. No one is still reading this
98. Flugelhorn
99. Seriously, no one
100. I've got a comeback for every situation, even if I don't think of it until an hour too late

Labels:

1 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home