Wednesday, December 21, 2011

so apparently "time management" is a thing - did anyone know that?

prior to that little piece of embroidery getting all that attention, I pretty much spent most days dicking around on the internet.

When all the attention first happened, I tried to integrate stitching lots of orders and answering lots of emails into my busy schedule of dicking around on the internet, and I quickly got overwhelmed - I got the flu, I developed an eye twitch, I couldn't sleep, blah blah blah.

One day last week while I was on my way to an appointment *cough*psychiatrist*cough* I realized that people are paying me to make art and that I really needed to get my shit together if I wanted to take advantage of being given an opportunity like this.

This was further confirmed when the doctor prescribed "better time management"* - so I went home and begged the best stitcher I know to help out and decided to stop stopping what I was doing when an email arrived and answer all my emails at the end of the day.

Now, I'm only working 8-9 hours a day on this stuff** and it turns out that all the stuff I usually do on the internet is still there when I'm done - WHO KNEW?



next step? Business cards... or at least an address stamp because, seriously, I don't even want to think about how much time I waste scrawling my return address on packages.



*and ambien (yay) and double the Wellbutrin 

**which means, if I'm super productive, that I'm earning close-ish to minimum wage, BUT I can watch tv while I work and I don't have to put on makeup or even shower!

Labels:

1 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home