Monday, December 12, 2011

Since my life has suddenly turned into all-self-promotion-all-the-time, I'll just put this link here

http://www.facebook.com/DropDeadQuirky

it's the fan page for my etsy shop and it contains links to the insane amount of press I've gotten this weekend - Huffington Post, BoingBoing, The Village Voice (!!!) to name a few... I don't know if I need to hire a press agent or a workshop full of elves.




(also, in case anyone was wondering, I am super duper uncomfortable with this stuff - I don't like the self-promotion, I don't like tooting my own horn, I don't like networking, I don't like cultivating contacts - but I figure if so many people get famous/notorious for filming their worst behavior/making terrible music videos/sleeping with Tiger Woods or Charlie Sheen, why can't I parlay this into something awesome like a book deal or a plate of free tacos?)

(also, part 2, electric buggaloo - this whole experience has cemented my policy of not reading comments on the internet as I am superduper fragile and CANNOT handle even anonymous commenterscalling my stuff a "waste of time and thread" or "fail" - WORDS HURT, Y'ALL and it's seriously everything I can do to NOT lash out and reply to stuff like that)

Labels: ,

2 comment(s):

  • Haters gonna hate. Seriously, they are just jealous. I am so thrilled for you, but yeah, I totally understand...and wheeee!! You're awesome and junk!!

    By Blogger Giggly, at 2:46 PM  

  • Shit, that's awesome. I'm off to go "like" because, well i've been stalking you this long, I may as well get you on FB too.

    By Blogger Ginamonster, at 7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home