Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Okay, y'all, I have a confession -

The real reason I avoid talking on the phone is 98% of the time, I have nothing interesting to say.

In emails, IMs and texts, I can temporarily fake interestingness, and awkward pauses can be blamed on computers or whatever else, but on the phone (and in person) I get nervous when an awkward pause pops up and end up babbling like an imbecile (if you've ever spent five minutes in a conversation with me, you know how painful this can be for everyone involved).

This is why I usually pretend my cell phone battery is dead.

3 comment(s):

  • Hey Veruca! I'm very much the same. My life is fairly simple, and revolves around a small list of activities. If you want me to talk about those? No problem. If you want me to listen? No problem. But tell you about interesting, random, cool, surreal events? Nope, that's what my blog is for. Indigo

    By Blogger Indigo Roth, at 3:20 PM  

  • I'm there, too. I have a short list of people I can be unawkward on the phone with: Mom, Dad, Grandmom. That's it. Sometimes sister. Everyone else? I can't seem to hide the, "Soooo...okaaaay are we done now?" attitude. Texts are easier anyway, right?

    By Blogger Making No One Proud, at 4:39 PM  

  • I hate the phone.

    By Blogger Giggly, at 5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home