Thursday, July 01, 2010

So The Kid and I are going to Vegas in a few days and I realized a couple of things about this trip -

  • I'm taking a 7 hour road trip with a pre-teen boy whose musical taste wavers between hip and hop (if you see a news story about a mother leaving her child by the side of the road in Barstow, you'll know).
  • I'm going to a city built upon drinking, gambling and ill-advised marriages and I will be partaking in none of those
  • what kind of terrible parent takes an eleven-year-old to a city built upon drinking, gambling and ill-advised marriages?
  • this is the first time I'm taking a camera with me to Vegas
  • this is the first time I'm picking out shoes that are comfortable for walking, as opposed to shoes I can walk in after two yard-long margaritas
  • Las Vegas is in the middle of the fucking desert, I almost cried when I checked out the forecast. Air-conditioning or not, triple digit temperatures are triple digit temperatures (especially when it's 63 degrees here today)

Labels:

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home