Thursday, February 17, 2005

All Hail the Bean Queen*

Someone found me by Google-ing "bean feast" - so I Google-ed "Bean Feast" to find out what it was all about, and can I get a show of hands from people who knew that it actually had nothing to do with lesbianism? Nope, nothing.

A Bean Feast is primarily an annual dinner given by an employer to his workplace - there was a custom in olden days** of serving a cake with a bean in it and whomever was lucky enough to break his tooth on the bean... I mean, find the bean in his cake, was crowned the Bean Queen (or King)...


* Bet you thought this was going to be a post about farts - but I tricked you and made you learn something - HA HA (picture me sounding just like Nelson from The Simpsons)

** Bean feasts probably don't happen anymore due to the current litigious*** nature of society


*** Do I sound smart when I say "litigious"?

2 comment(s):

  • I am so very impressed.

    I admit it. I had to sit and think about the lesbian/bean feast correlation.

    NOW, I get it. ;)


    By Blogger angela marie, at 8:45 AM  

  • hey! i thought I would be about office duck calls - at least it was entertaining as well as informative . Aint no one is gonna make me like the learning

    By Blogger Erin M, at 10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home