Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Will "Satan Worshiper" Smith?

One of the Christians in the office admitted to taking his wife to see "Hitch" for Valentine's Day. "I thought it looked funny when I first saw a preview, so I kept watching the commercials to see if I would be offended by something..." he says.

Was he expecting to see Will Smith sacrifice a kitten in the name of Lucifer? Did he think that maybe the character played by the guy from the King of Queens was a heroin addicted child molester? Come on! Who doesn't know by now that anything starring Will Smith is about as edgy as a glass of skim milk? Is there a less offensive, more homogenized movie star? Okay, Tom Hanks maybe, but Will is a close second. From his recent work, it's almost hard to believe that he was in this movie

6 comment(s):

  • I actually took the Woman to see Hitch on Sunday. It was better than I thought. The only thing your Christian coworker would be offended by (and this is only if they are racist) is a passing reference to Will Smiths White friend being married to his Sister.Otherwise, this movie was pretty tame.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:04 AM  

  • i am offended by will smith. i payed money to see (rent) that "men in black 2" crapfest.

    By Blogger Phillip, at 11:34 AM  

  • See, I think Eddie Murphy is more lame than Will Smith these days.

    And he did Raw.

    Still too weird.


    By Blogger angie, at 12:27 PM  

  • Eddie Murphy is Disney's bitch now - it's really sad

    By Blogger Veruca Salt, at 12:29 PM  

  • I also went to see Hitch over the weekend. Lots of laughs. I am also a christian, and I was not offended by anything in the movie.

    By Blogger loelsh, at 3:01 PM  

  • My vote for most bland, most whitebread, is Will Smith. Tom Hanks at least gets some points for doing Philadelphia, which despite how PC everyone wants to try to sound, they still can't wrap their minds around.

    By Blogger Maverick, at 9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home