Thursday, February 17, 2005

Do you need me to reach something for you, Shrimp-o?

I've been 5'10"-ish since about first grade* and for the longest time** I hated being tall - it's impossible to find long enough pants, bathing suits are made for munchkins and on me get all holed up in box canyon, and when I was growing up, all the cutest boys were short.

But as I've gotten older, I've become proud of my amazonian-ness, I can reach stuff way up high in the supermarket, I can see over crowds of Japanese tourists, I always get to sit in the front seat of cars. This website is SO cool - it shows you how tall you are next to a veritable smorgasbord of famous people - check out the other tall chicks I found (not counting supermodels, because we already know that they're tall)

Elizabeth Montgomery 5’9”
Princess Diana 5’10”
Famke Janssen – 5’11”
Lindsay Wagner 5’11”
Maya Angelou – 6’0”
Carrie Nation – 6’0”

Yep, I'm right up there with the royalty and the chick from "Bewitched" - rock on!

P.S. Blogger is THE SUCK today

*slight exaggeration
**Sorry about the Billy Joel reference

5 comment(s):

  • OMG...there IS a web site for anything anyone can think of!!!

    I truly enjoyed seeing that I'd come up to just under Andre the Giant's arm pits. I found out that Sheena Easton is the same height as I am... but at least we are taller than Pat Benatar!

    & I'm so calling you when I need anything off a high shelf.


    By Blogger Chick, at 11:52 AM  

  • Blogger has been driving me nuts for 2 days... I saw something about a server upgrade causing problems for "some bloggers".

    I'm 5'10" ish too! (That's very tall in my family!)


    By Blogger Dave, at 12:40 PM  

  • Jeez. You can, like, dunk on Soleil Moon Frye or something. That's awesome.

    By Blogger Agent 31, at 1:36 PM  

  • OMG - Logic, I thought the EXACT SAME THING about Christopher Reeve - then I felt bad for thinking it

    By Blogger Veruca Salt, at 2:49 PM  

  • Did anyone else not catch the "all holed up in box canyon"?

    Seriously - it was all a blur after that.


    By Blogger angie, at 3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home