Thursday, June 30, 2005

My Mom is PSYCHO - part MMCXII (on the road version)

So - I'm at my dad's yesterday, out running some errands and my phone rings so I answer it with the standard greeting of "Hello?"

To which someone responds "Hello?"

So, thinking that the caller can't hear me because my Verizon phone is sucking hard as it has been doing since I got it, I repeat "Hello?"

Then I hear an annoyed little sign and then hear "Hello? It's your mother." (Because, apparently, she thinks I work for the psychic friends network and recognize her new phone number)

"Hi," I say.

"Where are you?" she snaps.

"We're in Florida," I say. "We're staying with my..."

She cuts me off with another one of those annoyed little sighs. "Well, sorry I called, I didn't mean to offend you." And then she hangs up.

um... wha?


And in other news, I'm begging everyone to send good juju my way because there's mucho major issues with the selling of the house in Phoenix which is causing major mucho issues with the buying of the house in Savannah so if y'all could cross your fingers or say a novena or make a voodoo doll of the evil people and stick pins in it or make a potion with newt eyes and chicken lips for me, I would appreciate it and I'll totally invite y'all over for sweet tea and mint juleps when we get settled.

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home