Friday, January 06, 2006

Best. Voicemail. (From my mom.) Ever.

My cellphone is always on vibrate and no one ever calls me* so I rarely have any reason to check my voicemail, but the other day, I was on a work errand and had a few minutes to kill so I happened to flip open my phone and saw the little envelope icon. I figured out how to call voicemail and heard the following from my mom - who knows that she has called my cell number:

"Pick up your phone. Pick up. PICK UP YOUR PHONE! I know you're there, you just called me... Pick. Up. Your. Phone.... (long pause)... I don't know why you couldn't just wait two minutes** for me to pick up the phone... pick up... well... this is your mother, call me back."


*that was a blatant plea for attention in case you didn't catch it

** The message was from a few days ago when I had called her, but she was on the internet - see, she lives in the dark ages, so she's on a dial up connection for the internet and she's ALWAYS on, but she has some kind of something that lets her know that someone is calling and if she gets off the internet that exact second, she might be able to get the call - the person calling hears something that says "We're trying to connect you... We're trying to connect you... Please call back later" - all within the span of about 15 seconds, then it hangs up on you - I don't know if she expected me to tell the recording "I'd like to hold on" or what.

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home