Thursday, March 06, 2008

Dear Best Buy,

Please do not advertise that you carry Mac merchandise when conversations like the following happen in your stores:

Best Buy Guy: Can I help you find anything?

Me: Yeah, I need a power cord for an iBook.

Best Buy Guy: for a what?

Me: It's an iBook, G3, 12 inches..

Best Buy Guy: an iBook?

Me: Yeah, a Mac, you carry Mac stuff, right?

Best Buy Guy: And you need a cord for it?

Me: Yes, please

Best Buy Guy: What do you need it for?

Me: ...?

Best Buy Guy: What are you trying to do with it?

Okay, I know I'm a girl and all, but I'm pretty sure if I'm asking for something specific, it might signify that I know what I need it for.

Me: I'm... trying... to... plug. it. in...

Best Buy Guy: Oh. We don't have those.

Me: ...?

Labels:

5 comment(s):

  • Hello! I completely agree with you about Best Buy...same thing happened to me but with a mouse for an Apple. You'd think I had been asking the guy to explain how gravity works.

    By Blogger Jillian, at 11:58 AM  

  • While only vaguely related one of my unhelpful store clerk pet peeves is when I ask where something is in the grocery store and the answer is something like You know where the olives are, right? If I didn't know where one item was, why does he think I'd know where another one is? Furthermore, wouldn't it be quicker on his part to just tell me the aisle number as opposed to playing Twenty Questions. Stupid asses!

    By Blogger kevin black, at 5:08 PM  

  • Oh...my....god!!!! He did NOT say "what are you going to use it for?" That's a quality salesperson for ya!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:02 PM  

  • I'm surprised you even got someone to talk to you. The last time I was there, I was interested in upgrading my cell phone and the guys in that department were too busy with Best Buy business to check if they had customers.

    By Blogger Trish, at 2:12 PM  

  • Yet another reason that I avoid Best Buy like the plague. If I need anything for my Mac, I have to go online to the Apple site...otherwise, I will end up murdering someone at the store.

    By Blogger Miche!e, at 3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home