Thursday, February 26, 2009

Dear Portly Old Religious Guys Who Knocked At My Door,

Firstly, let me explain my outfit, I'd been yoga-ing* in that tank top and yoga pants and I wasn't expeccting company - I do apologize for the excessive decolletage (although I didn't appreciate your staring).

Secondly, I apologize for the "oh, I'm in the middle of........ a phone call" (followed by pointing to my tv???) excuse when you asked if, with all the problems in the world, I wanted to talk about whether or not there really was a God**. I wasn't expecting missionaries on my doorstep or I would have come up with a better, or at least slightly more believable excuse.

Lastly, I'm ever so sorry if you heard my exclamation of "for Christ's sake!" right after I shut my front door on you. It's been quite a while since I've had to deal with religion on my doorstep.

I'll try to be more prepared (and dressed) next time you stop by.

See you soon!

me





*yes, yoga-ing, I DO live in California now

** I'm guessing yor answer would have been a big old yes.

Labels:

3 comment(s):

  • I'm of the belief that people who come to your house to sell you religion should also carry cotton candy.

    That way, when you see them coming, you might be happy to see them. And after they've wasted your time for their designated 2 minutes... hey... you've got a little snack.


    By Blogger Agent 31, at 3:20 PM  

  • wow! I love everything about your blog!

    By Blogger Erica, at 2:11 PM  

  • I can not stand when religious groups try to recruit a congregation by going door to door. I pretend I am not home.

    By Blogger Shelly, at 5:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home