Sunday, February 08, 2009

If I tell you that the cat took a dump in my car about an hour into this epic roadtrip, does that kind of set the mood for you? Because it should.

And the second day, the same cat projectile vomited on me and the other cat.

Yesterday, day three, I dosed him up with half of a travel sickness pill and was rewarded with no biological materials. Yay. And We FINA-fucking-LY left the ridonkulously large state of Texas. And we sped through New Mexico fairly quickly, finally getting to Arizona. And I didn't really see much of the desert because I was busy texting* two of my favorite friends (both of whom happen to live in the desert) to try to coordinate plans for tacos.

And I got tacos and we hung out for a bit and I was reminded why these peeps are two of my favorite peeps. (And I got to hold the cutest redhaired bebe who belongs to one of those peeps)

Today, we will finally be getting to California. Tomorrow, we'll be arriving in Santa Maria (the actual destination) but the moving guys won't be getting our stuff there until Tuesday.

And my ankle is still swollen and sore and I'm sick of every cd in my vehicle and I'm sick of "continental" breakfasts and I want to make my own coffee and sleep in my own bed and unpack my underwear and have clean clothes and have some semblence of normalcy. Or I'd like some more tacos with my pals.



*an hour or so into texting, one of my pals informs me, via text, that texting while driving is illegal. Thanks for TEXTING that to me.

1 comment(s):

  • Man, I just about peed myself just a couple lines into this...congrats on the move!

    By Blogger Miche!e, at 8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home