Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I've got a confession - I watch "American Idol". I have since season one (and firmly believe that Kelly Clarkson is the only thing decent to come out of all of this). I watch it all, auditions, Hollywood week, and the "real" shows, but I've really got to say that this year jumped the shark. Hard.

First of all, the new judge - Shiny-shirts McSmug? Why does she act like we're supposed to know who she is? I kind of want to punch her in the throat for being there and acting like she's so important. I'm guessing they wanted someone who could be the American female version of Simon, but... just... no.

Second, didn't this used to be a singing competition? Now it's an OMG-YOUR-BACKSTORY-IS-SOOOOOOO-SAD/UPLIFTING/AMAZING competition. Next year, you're going to need to be a deaf girl with no arms, no legs, whose entire family was wiped out by leperosy and/or terrorist attacks to even get on the show.

Also, I've just got to say this - I don't like the widower guy and the blind guy creeps me out


Also, every year they have country theme week and every year, the judges complain at the contestants for singing country songs... One of those things needs to stop (please let it be country week... although it was kind of lol-tastic seeing Randy "Skeletor" Travis being made so uncomfortable by the gay guy with the black nailpolish.)

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home