Thursday, March 05, 2009

2 regular doctors

1 orthopedist

and a full month of physical therapy and you know the only thing that has really helped my degenerative disk?

A damn week on a Wii Fit*.

What the hell?

I'm not exactly a Cirque du Soleil contortionist (yet), but I'm no longer hobbling around like a broken turtle. Two or three years of nearly constant pain, too many co-pays to count and all it takes is a few minutes with a video game to take it away? Damn, next time I'm sick**, I'm just going to Game Stop.


*a birthday present to myself since, with the move and all, my birthday was pretty much overlooked this year. Also, watching my husband and son play the hula hoop game is nothing short of hilarious and well worth the cost of the game.

** not true - I've atually got the flu right now and don't think there's anything short of a shotgun blast that can make this feel better.

2 comment(s):

  • So which Wii Fit exercises were you doing?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:12 AM  

  • The yoga ones really seem to help my back, but I kick all kinds of ass on the soccer thing and the bubble one (but that one's kind of lame)

    By Blogger Veruca Salt, at 7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home