Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Anyone who has known me for more than five minutes knows that I can be a little... impulsive. I tend to get an idea in my head, jump right on in, then sort of figure it out along the way. This has been an impulsive kind of week. And it's only Tuesday.

Oh, you'd like examples? Okay fine -

1) The nearly-overripe strawberry/oatmeal/2-day-expired milk smoothie I had for breakfast today (outcome: pretty gross, and not because of the milk)

2) getting it in my head that I desperately need to try to make homemade crab rangoons (is it rangoons or rangoon? I mean, as a dish, it's usually ordered in the singular, but since I made so many of them, I feel like I should pluralize it) (outcome: they were AMAZING, and I felt like a kitchen rock star - I mean, come on, I made my favorite Chinese appetizer! All by myself! And without burning down my kitchen or getting grease burns!)

3) Joking with the adorable cashier boy at the grocery store that I was stalking him because I'm in there so often (really, I was in there getting green onions and wonton wrappers for #2 on the list). (outcome: he joked that my stalking was a little passive and I told him it would be much easier to stalk him from home. He told me his last name so I could find him on social networking sites. whut?)

4) locating the adorable cashier boy's myspace (and facebook and linked in) and sending him a friend request, effectively turning myself into an actual stalker. (outcome: we're myspace friends and I feel like a total stalker and have to find another grocery store because, for reals, I can't shop there anymore, can I?)


The morals of this story? Crab puffs are awesome and no good ever comes from social networking sites. Also, if you're socially-tarded like me, don't get chummy with the people at the cheapest grocery store in town because that just makes it weird. And oatmeal has no place in a smoothie.

Labels:

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home