Monday, December 07, 2009

guess the substance

*alternate title: the grossest photo I will ever post (hopefully)


No, it's not phlegm.

No, it's not napalm.

No, I don't need to call Ghostbusters (besides, I ain't 'fraid of no ghost).

It's molten hot marshmallow dough (for lack of a better word - basically it's sugar and corn syrup boiled until it reaches 244 degrees - then it's transferred to a bowl, mixed with gelatin and hand-mixer-ed for 10 or 15 minutes until it turns into marshmallows) - I had just barely started hand-mixer-ing it when the bowl slid off of the counter and splooshed down the front of the dishwasher, all over the floor and all over my socks.

Wanna take a guess how much fun that was to clean? I squished, scraped, soaped and spritzed, but to no avail, it was like my worst Wonka nightmare.

And then I turned the non-splooshed half of the batch into peppermint marshmallows which combine the soft squishiness of marshmallows with the refreshment of toothpaste. Bleh. Apparently, the universe knew this and was trying to prevent it.

Note to self: try to pay attention to what the universe is telling you.

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home