Thursday, May 17, 2012

Dear My Landlord,

I understand that it's important to you to "spruce up" the house and get it re-rented as soon as possible, but it's also worth noting that... we still live here.

If you want to weed the front yard that I've kind of neglected for the last couple months while I was healing up from back surgery, I'm cool with that. (To be brutally honest, I'm probably not going to be going way out of my way to do a whole lot of landscaping.)

If you need to get into the backyard, though, since we do have dogs, one of whom hates your guts*, it might be a good idea to, you know, ask.

Since you decided to go into the yard today (without letting me know ahead of time) to work on the sprinkler system that's been busted for a year, I don't have a whole lot of sympathy for that bite mark on your ass**. My dog has more of a right to be in the yard than you do. Hopefully this will serve as a reminder that, you know, WE STILL LIVE HERE and we're not really interested in disrupting our lives anymore than absolutely necessary.

Thanks a heap,

me



*it's so weird - my dog loves everyone, but is violently opposed to my landlord and always has been. Clearly the dog knows something we don't.

**he's a super sweet (if a little neurotic) dog and has never bitten anyone, but he ran right at the dude and nipped at his butt

Labels:

1 comment(s):

  • i found you on regretsy and now i'm stalking you - sorry if that's creepy, but you're kind of awesome and hilarious. and by "kind of" i mean "really."

    By Blogger jess, at 1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home