Tuesday, December 07, 2004

one of my most pathetic little habits

so... I'm sort of a writer, right? Not the paid type of writer (yet), but a writer nonetheless and, although it's been weeks and weeks (okay, months and months... okay, at least a year if you want to be all semantic about it) since I've felt like I had written anything even remotely worth sending out to literary agents or publishers or even Reader's Digest (I'm just kidding about that one - I've never written anything good enough to send to Readers Digest... kidding again - sort of) but every time I go into a book store, I have to locate the place in the fiction section where my book(s) would land - sometimes it's not so good (the Barnes & Noble by my work would have me in the middle of an aisle on the bottom shelf) but sometimes it's pretty good (the Barnes & Noble I visited yesterday had me at the end of an aisle, top shelf)

okay, go ahead and say it, I'm a complete and total dork and, yeah, just a little bit sad

I'm just telling you in case you end up in a bookstore with me ever

3 comment(s):

  • How, may I ask, is it sad to envision your future?
    You're going to be in stores better than Barnes & Noble. I know, I've read your writing. By the way, I'm still waiting on her name. I believe I left off at "may."


    By Blogger Jootastic, at 3:38 PM  

  • So you write, eh? When are you gonna post an excerpt on your blog?

    Cheers


    By Blogger Martin, at 5:07 AM  

  • So whatcha waitin' whatcha waitin' whatcha waitin' for? Become a published writer!!!! I have faith. We all get side tracked, but think of how great you'll feel when you walk into that Barnes & Noble and actually see your book on that shelf, even if it is on the bottom????

    By Blogger Unknown, at 7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home