Wednesday, January 19, 2005

in lieu of an actual post - yet another meme

This is from Rafael

1) What is the total amount of music files on your computer?
At work, on my own, it’s fairly pathetic – a mere 439 songs and 1.69GB– if you throw in IT boy's collection, to which I have full access (because he rocks - out loud), it’s about 7 times that much. At home, between my 3 macs, it’s probably only about 3 or 4 times what I have at work – only because I’m entirely too lazy to copy stuff from cds to the iTunes – once I get an iPod, everything will change (at least that's what the voices tell me)

2) The CD you last bought was:
Um… are we talking about new cd or used? And does it have to be for me? I think the last one I actually purchased was the Jay-Z/Lincoln Park mash up – yes, it’s shamelessly commercial, but it’s damn good

3) What is the song you last listened to before reading this message?
”Bob Marley and the Wailers – Waiting in Vain” – awww, Bob…

4) Write down five songs you often listen to or that mean a lot to you:
The Killers “All these things that I’ve done” – it describes my kaleidescope moods very well
Poe, “Not a Virgin” – It’s my angry girl song.
Bryan Ferry, “Slave to Love” – It’s the best infatuation song EVER.
Frank Sinatra, “My Way.” It makes my teary-eyed every time I listen to it – Frank was the man.
Elvis Presley “The Wonder of you” it’s such an epic song, and Elvis ALWAYS puts me in a good mood - ALWAYS

5) To whom (three people) are you going to pass this stick? And why?
Trish (because she lives for music), Jen (because she’s going to be a dead hooker on tv soon) and Tim (because he gave me my own section in the sidebar of his blog). - And anyone else who has this kind of time

6) What are the Top 25 Most Played songs in your iTunes?
From the work files (if this were a home list, it would most likely be different)…

Elvis Presley – “Hard Headed Woman”
Bjork – “Army of Me”
Bob Marley – “Stir it up”,
Bob Marley – “Is This Love”
Bob Marley – “Waiting In Vain”
Damien Rice – “Volcano”
Damien Rice – “Delicate”
Howie Day – “Collide”
The Killers – “Mr Brightside”
The Killers – “All These Things That I’ve Done”
Lucy Woodward – “The Trouble with Me”
The Mr T Experience – “The Weather is Here, Wish you were beautiful”
Otis Redding – “Try A Little Tenderness”
Otis Redding – “I’ve Got Dreams to Remember”
Poe – “Hey Pretty”
Poe – “Not A Virgin”
Rancid – “Timebomb”
Rancid – “Ruby Soho”
Operation Ivy – “Bombshell”
Rooney – “I’m a Terrible Person”
Jay-Z/Lincoln Park – “99 Steps Closer”
Jay-Z/Lincoln Park – “Collision Course – Dirt off your Shoulder”
Jay-Z – “Change Clothes”
Jet – “Cold Hard Bitch”
House of Pain – “Top o' the Mornin' To You”

4 comment(s):

  • Have you ever heard Poe – That Day? The version I have (I don’t know if there’s another version) is just Poe and the cellist. He does a plucking thing for a while and then when the chorus comes in he turns on the distortion. Distorted electric cello is GREAT!

    By Blogger Michael, at 7:07 PM  

  • Jen's going to be a dead hooker on tv? Coolest thing ever!

    By Blogger Tim, at 7:20 PM  

  • Bob Marley "Waiting in Vain" is probably one of my all-time favorite songs. And "Legend" is DEFINITELY in my top five albums of all time.

    By Blogger Trish, at 11:27 AM  

  • I love Frank! "My Way" is soooo sweet.

    By Blogger Jootastic, at 12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home