Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Because I can't seem to muster a real post lately...

72 things

72. Family Guy makes me laugh like no other show EVER
71. Simpsons comes in a close second
70. My two favorite senses are my sense of smell and my sense of touch
69. Melting butter, vanilla, and fabric softener are my favorite smells
68. My dream vacation would be to Italy, Spain and/or Greece
67. I think I look slutty when I wear too much eyeliner
66. I like to change my haircolor
65. I cycle through brown, red and striped
64. I’m proud to be a spaz
63. Sometimes I think I should have been born 50 years ago
62. Sometimes I like to watch boxing
61. I can’t dive
60. I can jump, just can’t dive
59. I have to have coffee in the morning or I can’t function
58. I love really dark, really strong coffee just a little sweetened
57. I’m sort of a coffee snob
56. I can’t do a cartwheel
55. “Green Eggs and Ham” is my favorite Dr. Seuss book
54. Giraffes are my favorite animal at the zoo
53. I met Alice Cooper a few years ago at his restaurant
52. He was really nice
51. He looked like he was about 400 years old
50. I used to want to be a lawyer
49. I think it was mostly for the wardrobe
48. One of my pet peeves is people who run hot and cold
47. I run hot and cold
46. I’ve eaten alligator (not a whole one, mind you, just a side order when I was in New Orleans last year for business)
45. Doesn’t it sound pretentious when I say that I was there “for business”?
44. I was only selected to go because I’m pretty much non-essential to the office
43. I spent the entire time in New Orleans eating
42. It was easily the best food of my whole entire life
41. I’ve never really liked seafood, but I ate crab cakes with every meal
40. I love to cook
39. I make a great Carbonara
38. I have 5 tattoos
37. I got my first one the week I turned 18
36. I got my most recent one the day I turned 30
35. I don’t collect stuff
34. I think it’s because I’m too lazy to do it
33. I was a total glam rock chick in high school
32. On my 16th birthday, I caught a drumstick thrown by the drummer from Faster Pussycat, who was opening for Motley Crue
31. I had won 6th row tickets from a radio station
30. When I was 17, I threw my favorite bra on stage at a different Faster Pussycat concert
29. When I was 19-ish, I saw Nirvana play at the Forum in Los Angeles
28. I remember where I was when I heard that Kurt Cobain was dead
27. I was in my Volkswagon van, at the post office in Garden Grove
26. My first concert was Cheap Trick and L.A. Guns
25. I went with my mom
24. I was 15, okay?
23. And it wasn’t my choice
22. The concert was my choice, but her going with me wasn’t
21. I just found out last weekend that I like hot wings
20. Before that, I’d thought that it was too labor intensive to just get that tiny amount of chicken off the tiny bone
19. I’m extremely near-sighted
18. Being in traffic stresses me out
17. Even if I’m not driving
16. My first car was a light blue 1968 VW bug
15. My first pet was a cat named Jingles
14. I’m awful at math
13. Black olives are one of my favorite foods
12. I wrote a poem about them once
11. Sometimes I wish I lived in a really small town
10. I’ve got 99 problems, but a bitch ain’t one
9. My favorite fruit is pineapple
8. I think memes like this are narcissistic and self-serving (but I still like reading them)
7. But then again, blogs are kind of narcissistic and self-serving and I'm a total blog whore, so who am I to talk?
6. I took Latin for 3 years in high school
5. I think I’m too lazy to pick up any language fluently
4. It’s no fun going commando unless you tell someone
3. I'm que no usa la ropa interior hoy, soy comando
2. I translated that on AltaVista and am pretty sure it won’t come out right
1. “soy commando” sounds like some organic colon cleanser

8 comment(s):

  • Dude. MY first car was a light blue 72 VW bug.

    By Blogger Trish, at 9:04 AM  

  • Boy, Alta Vista really screwed the pooch with that translation. But thanks for the info.

    So what are these 5 tatoos?


    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:05 AM  

  • in order

    1) a heart on my chest (I was 18, okay?)
    2) abstract rose on my back
    3) butterfly next to the abstract rose
    4) cheshire cat on my ankle
    5) abstract tiger design


    By Blogger Veruca Salt, at 9:08 AM  

  • Sorry everybody, only Cate will understand this.

    Two words: Rebel Pants.


    By Blogger Jootastic, at 10:22 AM  

  • I love narcissistic, self-serving lists (doesn't everyone?!).

    I made carbonara last night, it came out yummy, but I might need your recipe.

    I say we plan an eating tour of New Orleans sometime soon, sounds like fun.


    By Blogger Chick, at 10:49 AM  

  • I don't think your thingy is letting me post. Damnit. I've been having some fantastic thoughts.

    By Blogger Jootastic, at 10:50 AM  

  • Joo - I was just thinking about those rebel pants yesterday -

    1) I can't believe that I wore them in public (sometimes alone, sometimes with ripped jeans over them - always with my cowboy boots)

    2) I wonder where they are now

    3) I wonder how much I could get for them on eBay

    and Chick - I'm SO up for New Orleans - I don't even need to see the sights, I just want to eat


    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:54 AM  

  • stupid blogger putting me down as anonymous...

    By Blogger Veruca Salt, at 11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home