Wednesday, March 16, 2005

sing... sing a song... sing out loud... sing out STRONG

I'm one of those people you see in the car singing along with the radio - and not just singing along - belting it out - car-eography and all - and I don't care who sees me

So last night on the way home, I'm jamming out to some old Madonna ("Borderline", if you must know) and I look in the rear view mirror and I could swear that the lady behind me is jamming to the same song - seriously, she was singing! Just like me! And her mouth was moving at the same time as mine was! I felt such a kinship with her.

But then I remembered that I can't read lips - seriously, I'd make a lousy spy... or deaf person - so she may or may not have been singing old school Madonna. Even though she was singing! Just like me! And her mouth was moving at the same time mine was! She could have been singing Mariah Carey, or Elton John or even *gasp* some random country artist. Maybe she wasn't even singing, maybe she was talking on a speaker phone, or maybe she was talking to herself, or maybe she had a wanted fugitive on the floor of the backseat and was talking to him about a heist that they're pulling off, or maybe she wasn't even a she.

See how people always disappoint me?

3 comment(s):

  • If the old lady had blue hair and was driving a buick...it was me.

    And it wasn't "Borderline", it was "Crazy For You".


    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:28 PM  

  • okay... if you want to add the haloscan (in addition to blogger), add the stuff haloscan tells you to put in your template...at the very end of where it tells you that you can possibly put it.

    By Blogger Jootastic, at 2:33 PM  

  • Maybe it was your reflection in the mirror.

    By Blogger Paul, at 2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home