Monday, April 18, 2005

So - my husband is out of town on business all week - he left this morning for Grand Rapids, MI and he'll be gone until Friday - party right? Like I shouldn't be at work, I should be out by the pool with a bucket of margaritas and a stack of Cosmopolitan magazines, right? Like the week should be a cross between "Risky Business" and "Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead" (except without all the hookers or me getting a job at an ad agency with a totally bogus resume), right?

WRONG

Apparently, I have to be all "responsible" - I mean, not only do I have to play single mom for the week (and we've established what a responsible parent I am, haven't we?) but I also have to take care of everything else around the house that I normally ignore, stuff like taking out the trash, feeding the dogs and cooking for myself and the child (yeah, I'm lazy, it works for me, deal with it, okay?) - This is just one more of those situations where I have the chance to prove that I'm worthy of being called a grown up, but, inevitably, something will happen to prove that I shouldn't leave the house without a helmet on (last time he was out of town, I totalled his Mercedes - yeah, I know - still working on living that one down) - so I'm just wondering if there's someone who will come over and squash bugs and make sure the doors and windows are locked and tuck me into bed (not like that, perv) - anyone? anyone?

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home