Monday, February 06, 2006

5 things

1) I'm getting a tattoo on Saturday, could I be more excited? No, not so much

2) In case you've forgotten, my birthday is Sunday, you've only got a couple of shopping days left.

3) Air mattresses are obviously a torture device that could drive a sane person crazy. I had to sleep on one for 2 days and I'm not a skinny girl, but I felt every single one of my bones knocking against the hardwood floor ALL FREAKING NIGHT LONG.

4) I know this is going to surprise you, but I'm utterly socially retarded - I have problems beginning* and ending** friendships - this is why I prefer to stay in my house with the shades drawn and the lights off playing "The Sims"

5) Were you aware that there's a Pirates of the Caribbean cereal? Because there is and it's chocolatey and marshmallow-y and completely devoid of nutrition, but when it comes down to it, when given the choice between staring at Johnny Depp over breakfast and reading on the Mini-Wheats box about all the benefits they give me, Johnny Depp wins every time.


* for instance - say there's a local person with whom I've exchanged several emails and I think this person is cooler than cool, but I can't figure out how to segue from "we're email pals" to "we're Happy Hour at Chili's pals", you know? How do I do that without coming across as a desperate stalker freak?

**example - Psycho Jennifer, my "BFF" from high school (who actually turned out to be somewhat of a Lifetime Movie example of a crappy friend - she was slutty, lied all the time, stole, slept with a boyfriend of mine and was the queen of the cockblock) eventually her dysfunctions got to be too much for me so I quit talking to her - this was about 4 years ago, she still emails me every month or so and still IMs me whenever I'm online with the screenname that she knows - I assume there's a better way to end a friendship than cold turkey, but seriously, I've never answered her once in 4 years have gone by and she still wants to be pals? WTF?

Labels:

1 comment(s):

  • Re: #5 - Must immediately run to supermarket. Was NOT aware of the existence of such a worthy breakfast food. Did you catch the Pirates II trailer during the Stupid Bowl yesterday? July 7th!

    By Blogger Never That Easy, at 8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home