Friday, February 10, 2006

Because all the other cool kids are doing it

101 things you never need to know about me

1. I like olives, both black and green.
2. I've liked black olives my entire life but just started liking green a couple of years ago.
3. My dad puts green olives in stuffing and I still can't eat that.
4. I'm a writer
5. I've been writing stories since I was in second grade or so.
6. I could live in pajamas
7. I prefer Macs to Pcs
8. I prefer downtown Las Vegas to the Strip
9. It's funner, cheaper and generally less plastic in many senses.
9. (a) I know "funner" isn't a word.
10. I love Vegas for about 48 hours a year
11. Any more than that and I get twitchy.
12. I would love a trip to Vegas right now.
13. I got married in the Graceland Wedding Chapel in lovely Las Vegas, Nevada.
14. In case you were wondering, it's a total dive.
15. But Bon Jovi and Lorenzo Lamas got married there
16. Not to each other.
17. I never went to college
18. All I've ever wanted to do is write and I figured that you can't really learn that in school.
19. I don't really regret it, since most everyone I know who went to college is just as directionless as I am and I don't have any student loan debt.
20. Don't worry, I have plenty of other debt to keep my busy, eBay is my anti-drug.
21. A crack habit would probably be cheaper, though.
22. I collect and customize Blythe dolls.
23. They are semi-creepy dolls whose eyes change color when you pull a string.
24. I own two and hope to get more eventually
25. Yes, I'm almost 32 and I play with dolls, do you have a problem with that?
26. I hate calling people I don't know - hate it
27. I'll pretty much do anything to not have to call someone.
28. I love that, with the advent of the internet, I can get through a day with minimal human contact.
29. I'm not a very physically affectionate person
30. I prefer to keep my emotions to myself
31. This makes me seem standoffish
32. I'm really just shy and kind of akward
33. This probably explains why I don't have a lot of friends.
34. I'm extremely trusting, and sometimes a little naive.
35. I truly believe that down deep, everyone is a good person
36. I am consistently proven wrong, but I remain optimistic
37. At different times I've had my ears, nose, bellybutton and tongue pierced.
38. I've considered getting my hooha pierced, but I don't think I'd be able to go into a shop and ask for it, let alone actually drop my chonies in front of a stranger.
39. My favorite bread is rye
40. My favorite deli meat is pastrami
41. My favorite herb is dill
42. My favorite spice is black pepper
43. My favorite drink is coffee
44. I prefer dark, strong coffee with real cream in it
45. I'll use vanilla creamer stuff if I don't have real cream, though
46. I have to have at least 2 cups of coffee a day.
47. I like my eggs over medium with the yolks kind of runny, but no slime on top.
48. I prefer bacon to sausage.
49. My favorite ice cream is rocky road.
50. I'm lazy.
51. I'm rarely serious.
52. I was born in Southern California
53. I lived Los Angeles County until I was 12
54. I lived in Orange County (The O.C.) until I was 21.
55. When I was 21, I met a guy and we moved to Seattle, WA
56. In Seattle, we bought our first house and got married.
57. When we got sick of the rain in Seattle, we moved to Phoenix, AZ
58. About a year after we moved to Phoenix, I had a kid
59. When we got sick of the oppressive desert heat, we moved to Savannah, GA
60. Savannah is the smallest town in which I've ever lived
61. It's also the most backwards, many of the attitudes here are from the 50s
62. I don't mean that in a good way.
63. I like wearing soft pajama bottoms.
64. The second I get home from work every day, I put on pajamas and a big tshirt
65. I hate when the house is too quiet, I always need some background noise
66. Having a kid, this isn't usually an issue
67. Even if he's not around, I've always at least got music on.
68. I love music - I love punk, old country (Johnny Cash, Patsy Cline), girl rock, 80s music, 90s music, music from the 40s and 50s... pretty much anything but whiny diva music (Mariah Carey, Celine Dion) and new country.
69. Music affects my mood - Elvis Presley always puts me in a good mood, Frank Sinatra makes me swoon, Otis Redding breaks my heart.
70. I have too many pets.
71. 4 snakes, 3 dogs, 2 cats and a child.
72. The dogs and cats were rescues.
73. I'm kind of a food snob - when I cook, I'll only use the best ingredients
74. But junk food is my comfort food - whenever I'm sick, Chef Boyardee beef ravioli is all that I crave.
75. I love cooking - so much that I would even consider a career in the culinary arts.
76. I'm entirely too lazy to go through all the schooling, though.
77. I've dyed my hair since I was about 15.
78. My hair has been blonde, light brown, dark brown, black, black cherry, light red, dark red, brownish red, fire engine red, dark pink, dark blue, and several combinations of those.
79. I have extremely poor eyesight.
80. I wear contacts and refuse to go in public wearing my glasses because they're thick enough to signal creatures on other planets.
81. In addition to writing, my creative ventures include painting (abstract acrylics), sewing clothes, designing purses, photography and customizing Blythe dolls (shut. up.).
82. My biggest pet peeve is being ignored - I can't stand it.
83. I don't need a man to open the door for me.
84. But I really like it.
85. There's something so wonderful about people with good manners.
86. Probably because they are so incredibly rare.
87. I love to read.
88. Especially really good, really funny chick lit, Tom Robbins, Kurt Vonnegut, and biographies of really interesting people.
89. I used to be a vegetarian.
90. If I had to give up one of my senses, it would probably be sight because I can't imagine being without the other ones.
91. My favorite smell is fabric softener.
92. I give great joke gifts, I go out of my way for them.
93. I can't wrap presents very well.
94. I don't know what I'd do without gift bags.
95. I try to write every night.
96. When I open up my laptop, my little ritual is that I have to win one game of solitaire before I start writing.
97. Sometimes it takes a while.
98. My favorite shoes are Converse, low top Chuck Taylors
99. I have a pair that must be at least 10 years old, but I can't throw them away even through they're falling apart and they smell like popcorn.
100. I have a super human sense of smell.
101. I have 7 (almost 8 tattoos) and I will most likely get more, most of them don't mean anything special, they're just expressions of art.

5 comment(s):

  • Great list Cate!

    By Blogger Tara, at 9:28 AM  

  • Woah! Information overload!

    Although I already knew a lot of these I was surprised with a couple.

    Pastrami?!?!!?

    Also now I have completely changed my mind of what I'm getting you for your birthday... It will take me a while longer tho... because it has to be just right.


    By Blogger therapy in the making, at 3:38 PM  

  • I put my jammies on as soon as I get home from work too...the only downside is if you get visitors they look at you like "omg, you're still in your JAMMIES?"

    By Blogger Webmiztris, at 9:50 AM  

  • Ok, so technically ALL of these things are things I don't know about you since I don't "know" you but I really should get to know you, now that we are roomies in all. Do you have any pets?:)

    By Blogger Janet, at 6:18 PM  

  • just 4 snakes, 3 dogs and 2 cats :)

    By Blogger Veruca Salt, at 6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home