Tuesday, February 07, 2006

You know what I don't get?

Half shirts and half jackets.

I'm not talking about crop the crop shirts that every 19 year old girl with one of those dangly belly rings wears, I'm talking about those shirts that look like a normal shirt that was attacked by gnomes and hacked off right below the boob-area that girls wear on top of another shirt. Shirts like this:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

What is that about? It's not even like full sleeves, it's a mere suggestion of sleeves. This particular one looks like a therapy device.

and this one:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

It's a boob sling. Not to mention the fact that, visually, it's about as unflattering as possible - think about it - tiny dark half shirt on top of a much larger lighter colored shirt - if you're any bigger around than a skeleton, it emphasizes the belly area - I don't know many girls who aren't supermodels who actively want to draw attention to that area.

And the cropped jackets:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
wtf? What is that doing for you? "Ooooh, my torso isn't cold but my forearms sure are, I wish I had a jacket with all the superfluous parts cut off." It reminds me of that scene from "Tommy Boy" where Chris Farley is trying on David Spade's jacket.

I also don't get gaucho pants, especially with boots. But that's a whole other post.

1 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home