Wednesday, May 19, 2010

three wishes

I wish I could put depression into words, tie it up in a neat package, bite-sized, digestible bits. It would be so much easier if I could string together some words into such a way that people would understand how sometimes I feel raw and alien in my own skin and the best thing to do is to just... be, not to treat me like I'm damaged or breakable or that I need to be kept away from sharp objects*.

I wish I could have one of those lazy days that's perfect for getting lost, one of those days where you don't necessarily have to be anywhere at any specific time and you can shut off the GPS (or put it on the Dutch setting so you can't understand a word it's saying) and just... go.

I wish I could get my money back from when I took The Kid to see "Just Wright". He had to go see it because it's about a basketball player. The part we didn't take into consideration was the cast - Queen Latifah and Common? Really? Oh, and there was the script, which was complete crap, and the storyline... Honestly, it was easily the worst movie I've seen in a long time (and I've seen "Ghosts of Girlfriends Past" and "I Know Who Killed Me").



if I had a bonus wish - like if I were the 1 millionth wishee or whatever, I'd wish I had a pony - I would call it Saffron and wash and condition its fur and braid its tail and put little bows in its mane... but that's just me being greedy.

*actually, that's probably always prudent, since I can barely make dinner without slicing open an artery - it's kind of a skill, should be on my resume... could I list myself as a blood donor, I wonder?

Labels:

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home