Friday, May 14, 2010

I think I just squicked myself out of dessert

So, The Kid plays basketball - more than just playing it, he's obsessed with it - he can rattle off the stats of pretty much an NBA or NCAA player you can name. Out of necessity, I've become a bit of a basketball fan.

My favorite NBA teams are the Lakers and the Celtics and last night, the Celtics* clinched their spot in the Eastern Conference Finals - yay, Celtics, right? Not quite in this house, as I'm the only Boston fan around here.

I was in a baking kind of mood today, having already made egg bread** and homemade granola and I decided to make a Boston Cream Pie to celebrate (and because I've never made one before). Except, after I made it, I referred to it as a "Celtic Cream Pie", which sounds like some kind of Kevin Garnett fetish website and now I don't know that I'll be able to eat any of it.

Stupid dirty mind ruining everything!


* please ignore my completely mangy hair in the pic, it was half-dry and half-unbrushed.

** but I ain't no challah-back girl...

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home