Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Look at me, raising my own little Liberal

Last night we were watching something (embarrassing) on tv and someone used the word "homophobic".

The Kid looks up from his facebook "what's homo-phobic?"

"It means people who don't like, are prejudiced against and/or are irrationally afraid of gay people."

He laughed like it was the funniest thing ever. "No, seriously, what is it?"

"That's what it is."

"Really? That's so stupid. Who's like that?"

Labels:

2 comment(s):

  • This is fabulous and fuels my slowly growing faith in humanity. Rock on with yourselves!

    P.S. I'll take this occasion to out myself as a reader. I followed a blog roll link here a few weeks ago and find myself returning regularly.


    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:02 AM  

  • See, this is why I like you so much. I'll never forget being called into the director's office at my son's daycare because he was telling his classmates about staying over with his "two aunts". Apparently, this was disturbing information for him to present the other kids with. Needless to say, I removed him from that daycare.

    What Bobbie said indeed. Rock on with yourselves!


    By Blogger Steph, at 8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home