Sunday, June 26, 2011

him: we rented some movies

me: cool, what did you get?

him: we got "Paranormal Activity 2"...

me: ugh*, did you get anything for me?


him: yeah, we got some chick flick

me (thinking that I'd just checked one of those kiosks and hadn't seen anything I would want to see): really? What is it?

him: I think it's called "Fair Game" or something?

me: is that the movie with Cindy Crawford and that Baldwin brother? It's really old.

him: no, it's got Naomi Watts in it

me: Naomi Watts isn't really a chick flick kind of actress, who else is in it?

him: I don't know, I think Sean Penn?

Because, really, nothing says chick flick to me like Sean Penn. I mean, remember how good he was in "27 Dresses" and "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days"? And who could forget how awesome he was in "The Wedding Planner"?

It turns out to be a ridonkulously boring movie about the CIA and politics and shit.

And the lesson of the day? Having a woman on the cover of the dvd does not make a movie a chick flick.


*I knew nothing about it, but a movie that is a sequel to a movie I've never seen AND filmed in that annoying quasi-documentary style is not a movie I would even pay $1 to rent

Labels:

1 comment(s):

  • It definitely had its downfalls, but I thought it was good. It's about Valerie Plame. There's another one??? I want to see it!!

    By Blogger Betsy Yates, at 12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home