Saturday, June 18, 2011

on the eve of my first fatherless Father's Day

I was in the middle of this post about my dad, mostly childhood stuff and nonsense, but I couldn't really get it to say what I wanted to say and then I realized that it was a bunch of memories that I probably needed to keep just for me.

I will say this, though - if my dad were the type of beer-swilling, little-league-coaching, backyard-barbecuing dad that's been portrayed in the seventy seven kajillion commercials for polo shirts, power tools and edible arrangements I've seen in the last month, I would probably be a basket case right now. As it is, I get a little verklempt every time I see his name on the first page of contacts in my phone or when gmail suggests that I might want to add him onto certain emails I send.

Labels:

1 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home