Sunday, January 01, 2012

Everybody does those end-o'-the-year retrospectives, but... whatever - 2011 started out with me losing my dad. Something like that kind of sets the tone for the year, you know?

I started out 2012 at Urgent Care, begging for something stronger than the Advil/Tylenol/Aleve* to take the edge off of the pain of a pinched nerve in my back that I've been enjoying since last Thursday**.

Also, "Urgent Care" is quite the misnomer - it should really be called "Open-During-The-Day-When-You-Can't-Get-In-To-See-Your-Regular-Doctor-But-Aren't-Bad-Enough-To-Warrant-A-Trip-To-The-Emergency-Room Care"because I was there for 2 hours, there were only 2 people in front of me and I saw nothing I would even remotely describe as "urgent". Also, not to be all White Whine or anything, but the least they could have done was offer free wifi since they had no tv or magazines. Fortunately I was able to catch up on some reading, so I guess that's good?



*I ended up with an injection of and a prescription for Toradol (?) - not exactly the Vicodin I was hoping for, but the injection I got of the stuff seems to be working okay. And they gave me some Hydrocodone for sleep. At least this should hold me until the doctor's office is open on Tuesday.

**everything on the internet says to rest up for a couple of days and see if it gets better before you go to the doctor (Also, I will do just about anything to avoid going to the doctor) - I waited a couple of days and it's gotten nothing but worse and I woke up this morning with my leg numb from the knee down and I'm assuming that's bad.

Labels:

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home