Tuesday, March 22, 2005

expect that Grandma of the Year award in the mail any day now

I'm going to blame Easter for the fact that I have to go to my mom's for two weekends in a row - if fucking Easter could fall on the same fucking date every year, I would have recognized that this coming Sunday is Easter and I would have not gone to her house last Sunday (since I'm more or less contractually obligated to put in an appearance at her house for every major holiday... I mean, because I get to go to her house for every major holiday) - in any case, I'm stuck - 2 Sundays in a row of soul-sucking... I mean, family time.

Today, my mom calls me at work to ask "Do you really want me to hide eggs for your son, or should I just not go to the trouble?"

Gosh, mom, when you put it that way...

Sometimes I feel like the need to apologize for the 10 pound 3 ounce bundle of hassle that I expelled from my uterus 6 years ago - I swear, I can be SO selfish sometimes


In a completely unrelated note - I just heard someone in my office utter the phrase "Oh, heavens no" - Seriously. Who talks like that?

2 comment(s):

  • i can not WAIT until i have children and she lives nearby...oops...or maybe i'll be in a different state by then...geez!

    By Blogger Jootastic, at 2:57 PM  

  • gee willikers, just tell your Mom to chuck the eggs from her recliner, she doesn't have to get up.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home