Friday, December 16, 2005

Points deducted for unnecessary smugness

My husband (searching the tv guide thing for something to watch): "I watched that movie last night."

Me (noting the cast of the movie):
"I'm sorry."

My husband: "What? It's got Mark Ruffalo in it."

Me: "Yeah, exactly."

My Husband: "You don't like him?"

Me: "He's smug."

My Husband (obviously amused by my assesment): "Smug?"

Me: "Yes, smug. Unnecessarily smug. He's one of those guys who I'm supposed to find attractive, but he's really not. And he's got weird teeth and he was in '13 going on 30' for crap's sake, what does he have to be smug about?"

My Husband: "Whatever."

4 comment(s):

  • I don;t know who that actor is,but I know what you mean. Smugness is extremely un attractive.

    By Blogger I'm not even supposed to be here today, at 11:34 PM  

  • I LOVES me some Mark Ruffalo..but a lot of people don't. :)

    Visiting you from your "landlord's" place.


    By Blogger Angie, at 5:54 PM  

  • Men are so funny. I think your assesment of Smug is spot on.

    By Blogger Marcia, at 8:40 PM  

  • Now that is a great analysis of an actor. I'm glad you think so clearly. Your husband should take notes!

    By Blogger utenzi, at 10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home