Saturday, February 11, 2006

So - I walk into this tattoo parlor/art gallery today and Scott, my tattoo guy says - "I have something for you."

Man, I love LOVE conversations that start out like that. "Is it a cookie?" I ask hopefully.

He looks at me like I'm insane (good guess, Scott) and reaches onto one of the shelves behind his work area. He hands me a gift certificate that says "To: Cate. From: Trish" - Ahhh, now it makes sense why Trish, in Ohio, was asking for info on the shop where I was going. Damn that wiley Trish.

Seriously, I'm not a person who is surprised very easily, I'm usually at least a step ahead, but this caught me completely off guard... in a good way. So, Trish, thank you SO much, you're a rock star!

And now - without further delay - here's my new ink -

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

(It will most likely look better once it's not oozing)

I took a couple of different pictures in to Scott and gave him a vague idea of what I wanted and he came up with it - and I adore it!

Mucho Thanks to Google Images for the images, to Scott at Black Orchid for the art and the installation of it, and to Trish for the surprise.

4 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home