Thursday, March 09, 2006

1st change of mind

I'm at a local roller rink, perusing the disturbingly overpriced roller skates and this little white girl with the most confusing hair* comes over to help. She starts asking what kind of skates I'm looking for and I tell her speed skates and try to explain what I want and then finally I say that it's for roller derby. She makes a face halfway between "oh, cool" and "what the hell?" and then says to me:

"Is it for you, or for your child?"

ouch.

So I grabbed my walker and giant jar of metamucil and headed out to my double-parked Cadillac.

And then I ordered my damn skates online - yep, the skates have been ordered.




* Her hair was all corn-rowed in weird designs, crop circles, sort of and then at the base of her neck, she had a ponytail down to her waist - but the ponytail was made of ribbons and strings... confusing, right?

3 comment(s):

  • crop circles AND ribbon ponytails?

    yeah, I'm pretty sure that's a Don't.


    By Blogger Webmiztris, at 7:26 PM  

  • You're going to be a bad ass roller derby girl! Have fun with it.

    By Blogger Amanda, at 7:29 PM  

  • What a joke! Poor, poor you!

    Like the skates you got though, Puppy!


    By Blogger Amber, at 11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home