Tuesday, March 07, 2006

You know what's worse than having a song stuck in your head?

Having a bad song stuck in your head.

You know what's worse than having a bad song stuck in your head?

Having a word stuck in your head.

You know what's worse than that?

Having a French word stuck in your head.

I don't know why, but I've had "pamplemousse" (French for grapefruit) stuck in my head for about three days. It makes no sense at all - I've never studied French, much less been to a French eaterie for breakfast (and if I was at a French restaurant for breakfast, pretty much the last thing I would order would be fruit - unless, of course, it was coated in cheese and served with a side order of fat, but that doesn't even sound good) and I haven't had a grapefruit in weeks - but there it is, running around in my head.

I don't even know why I know this particular French word. The only other French I know is the sentence that every slutty girl in the world knows*


*you know what it is, I'm not Googling "Lady Marmalade" to get the correct spelling, okay?

6 comment(s):

  • Pamplemousse! Egads. There is a restaurant in San Diego called the Pamplemousse Grille (sic) and I've always wanted to go there just because of the name.

    Damn French and there irresistable unpronounceability(?)!


    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:35 PM  

  • maybe i can help ...
    pamplemousse
    pamplemousse
    pamplemousse
    pamplemousse
    pamplemousse
    pamplemousse
    pamplemousse
    pamplemousse
    oh wait ... bet that didn't help did it?


    By Blogger Pusher Robot, at 1:15 PM  

  • pomme de terre?
    ananas?
    pĂȘche?

    n'aidant pas ?


    By Blogger Pusher Robot, at 1:22 PM  

  • that is bad, but it's still better than having My Humps stuck in your head! I swear a slutty toddler wrote that song.

    By Blogger Webmiztris, at 3:39 PM  

  • The French word in my head is "aubergine." French for eggplant...what is it with the food association.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:03 PM  

  • Thanks for sharing your bad word haunting.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home