Monday, March 13, 2006

Generally, at my job, they treat me like an idiot.

The reasons for this are myriad, mostly because this is the South and I am female, but it's also because they know I'm not going to be here for much longer.

When they need something from me, though, they act like I'm freaking Einstein:

Bossman: "Can you tell me why the speakers on my computer don't work?"
Me: "They're not plugged in"

Project manager: "I need you to do me a favor, I need you to run to the office store right now and buy me new ink cartridge for my fax machine. You're so smart I'm sure you'll be able to track down which kind it needs."
Me: "It's [part number] and there are two in the supply closet.

Other project manager: "When did this envelope get here?"
Me: "Today... with the rest of the mail... that I just brought in."
Other project manager: "I need to be notified when these things come in for me"
Me: "[Other project manager], we got something for you in the mail."

but today was the best:

Other project manager: "Hey there, smart girl, I need your spelling expertise. How do you spell 'rigid'?"
Me: "R-I-G-I-D"
Other project manager: "Oh, so no 'D'?"'
Me: "R-I-G-I-D"
Other project manager: "Oh, okay, no 'D', thank you."
Me: "..."

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home