Wednesday, April 05, 2006

You know what's cool about the time between putting in your notice and actually leaving your job? You become invisible - everyone knows you're leaving, so they don't bother with the formalities and small talk. You're just this faceless seat-filler, like those people at the Oscars.

Basically, I could come in to work tomorrow and Friday wearing only a thin film of strawberry jam and fuzzy slippers and no one would blink an eye. The hermit in me likes the liberated anonymity of it, while the attention whore in me almost hates the lack of recognition. (it should also be noted that the grown-up in me likes the healthy wheat side, while the kid in me likes the frosted-sweet sugary side)

I should note, though that I've only alerted Bitter Smoker Chick, the haggard accountant and the Bosslady. Bossman is sick, thus putting him in a mellow mood which kind of eliminates all hope I had of getting tossed out of here before Friday. Oh well, I guess I need to buy some strawberry jam...

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home