Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Timing is everything

Doctorboss: Do you have a second so we can have a little chit chat*?

me: sure!

doctorboss: *clasping his hands in that politician-esque manner and trying to look like the benevolent leader* so, how do you think things are going?

me: um... yeah, about that...

doctorboss: yes?

me: I actually wanted to let you know that I've been offered a position elsewhere

doctorboss: ...

me: and I've accepted it.

doctorboss: ...

me: and my last day here is Friday

doctorboss: ...

me: I don't think this position is... *dramatic pause*... a good fit for me.

doctorboss: ...

When he recovered, he asked me all kinds of questions about things he could do differently and how to make the workplace better... and, surprisingly**, I was candid enough (enough to get the point across, but not candid enough to completely torch that bridge... but there's still a couple of days left for burning.



* what grown man talks like that?

** that was sarcasm

1 comment(s):

  • chit-chat...lol! now that you mention it, that is a really gay phrase....

    By Blogger Webmiztris, at 12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home