Saturday, June 17, 2006
Sometimes I feel completely unprepared for this whole "grown up" thingAs a kid, I always assumed that by the time I was
As it happens, I have none of these things.
Yes, I own a home and a car and have a kid, but there are so many other signs that I am dysfunctional as an adult -
- I find it perfectly acceptable (an achievement, even) to stay in pajamas all day long.
- When someone mentions shoe shopping, I think Converse, not Mahnolo Blahnik.
- I don't own any matching bra/panty sets.
- I own one pot holder (that I can rarely find).
- I do not yearn for a Costco membership.
- I never wear skirts on the weekend.
- Pigtails are an acceptable hairstyle for work.
- I carry a pair of fishnets and 7 lip glosses in my purse.
- I have approximately 4 empty soda bottles and at least 20 cd cases on the passenger side of my car.
- I can never find scotch tape.
- The most used drink cups in my house are those big plastic cups that you get 4 for $1.
- I can never seem to pick up my underwear off of the floor.
- I run out of toilet paper ocassionally (but never run out of shampoo and conditioner).
I guess maybe I was just waiting to get some kind of notification in the mail that I needed to purchase a Christmas kitten sweatshirt and napkin rings and get on with adulthood.