Thursday, November 22, 2007

Things for which I am thankful (in no particular order):

  • butter (it's only the most delicious thing ever - if I have less than 2 sticks of it in my house, I'm uneasy)
  • bacon (it was in my stuffing and sauteed with my broccoli)
  • homemade yeast rolls (easier than you think to make them)
  • homemade cranberry sauce (although it's weird that it doesn't have the shape of a can)
  • gravy
  • mountains of mashed potatoes
  • movie theaters open on Thanksgiving
  • being the only 3 people in the movie theater
  • the tiny cold front that *finally* dropped our weather below 80 for the first time since I moved to this godforsaken state
  • that feeling of accomplishment when the whole meal is finally complete
  • being far enough along in my Christmas shopping that I have no desire to wake up at 4AM to wait in line outside of Target/Kohl's/Walmart in order to hopefully save $2 on something that I really don't need
  • the few, the proud, the tolerant - the people I call my friends - who deal with my frequent disappearing acts.

Things for which I am not thankful (also, no particular order):

  • dish soap (I'm out of it and have no intention of shopping tomorrow)
  • laundry detergent (out of that, too)
  • the fact that the a/c on my vehicle went out yesterday (cold front or not, it's probably going to be 90 in a week)
  • someone *cough*myhusband*cough* insinuating that I might want to make breakfast - because it's not like I was going to be spending the whole day in the kitchen or anything, right?
  • the fact that I'm more or less unable to return a damn phone call - why? the world may never know
  • people who come into the theater when the movie is 75% of the way done, march right up to the last row where we're sitting (even though the whole rest of the damn theater is EMPTY) and let their toddler (maybe a year old, definitely not old enough to be in a movie theater) wander over to us and STEP IN OUR FUCKING POPCORN BUCKET all the while whispering "Tony... Tony" but not doing a fucking thing to stop him.

Labels:

2 comment(s):

  • I hate toddlers at the movies. Almost as much as people who want to loudly whisper on their cell phones in the middle of the movie...

    By Blogger A DC, at 4:42 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home