Wednesday, April 23, 2008

So, in every city, there are terrible local commercials - you know the ones I mean, shitty production value, shitty acting, shitty everything.

In Corpus Christi, these local commercials are probably the worst I've ever seen of any place I've ever lived. (perhaps because this city has recently been voted the 2nd stupidest city in the US?)

I just saw one that was advertising a new clothing store - this is a clothing store that sells... well... geez, there's no politically correct way to say this, they sell ghetto-tacular clothes: Scarface t-shirts, Bob Marley t-shirts, ridiculously large jeans, do-rags, you get the idea, right?

Here are the inherent problems with this commercial -

1) Blasting a terrible cover version of that Three Six Mafia song (I can't say the name of it or it will be stuck in my head all day. It's the only Three Six Mafia song anyone has ever heard of, you know, the one that won the Academy Award) A terrible cover - like I could have done a better version with a casio keyboard.

2) All clothes being modeled by a buff, clean-cut white guy - Like one of those white guys who played high school football and drinks protein shakes. The kind of guy who wears tight t-shirts and white jeans.

3) The tagline of the commercial, and, I guess, the store is "Takes the hardness out of being a pimp". Um... what?

It seriously looked like a SNL skit (back when SNL skits were funny)

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home