Friday, April 17, 2009

And so it begins

This morning at about 8:30AM, in the small, yet dangerous, window between my ass rolling out of bed and my ass getting coffee, there came a knock on my front door*.

I was wearing holey, striped pajama bottoms and a dirty t-shirt, and normally, I'd just make my kid answer the door, but he had just rolled out of bed, too, and was wandering around in boxers, so the door-answering duties fell to me.

I'm assuming, since it's 8:30 in the goddamn morning that it's my landlord at the door**, since he keeps odd hours and who the hell is going around knocking at people's doors that early? I crack open the door and see two little girls standing there.

"Hi!" one of them says. "Is Quinn here?"

It's damn 8:30 in the morning on his last official day of Spring Break, where else would he be?

"Um... yeah, just a second." I shut the door and tell him to put on some pants.

He gets dressed with lightening speed and heads out onto the front porch only to come back inside about thirty seconds later shaking his head.

"What was that about?"

He shrugs.

"What did they say?"

"They asked me if I knew the girl, Megan, in my class and I do because she sits next to me and then they asked if I knew that she likes me."

"What?"

"Then I asked them if they were sure it was Megan in my class because there's, like, four Megans in my school. Then they said that it was the Megan in my class."

"Then what did you say?"

"I asked them how they knew where I live."

"Are they gone now?"

"Yeah."

"Those girls seriously came to the door this early to tell you that Megan likes you?"

"Yeah, why couldn't they have just told me on Monday?"

Just to recap, my kid is 10 and in the 4th grade. And girls come by the house to announce crushes. the hell?

Also to recap, apparently, I'm a fucking mommy blogger now, I might as well just start doing product reviews of healthy snacks and posting pictures of my messy ass living room.



*we don't have a doorbell, it's weird, I know

Labels:

1 comment(s):

  • Ha ha. You're a mommy blogger. And Quinn is the cutest boy in fourth grade. Na na na na na na.

    By Blogger Betsy Yates, at 10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home