Monday, June 08, 2009

Who says the healthcare system is screwed up?

I know I should be happy to have insurance at all BUT...

I found out today that I need a referral from my primary care physician to get an appointment with an eye doctor for my annual eye exam.

huh?

My doctor doctor needs to see me to confirm that I need to see an eye doctor? What's he going to do? Make me take out my contacts and try to read something?

And better than that, I've never seen this doctor before, so it's 3 weeks before I can get in to see the doctor.

So we're waiting 3 weeks so I can waste a $15 co-pay and waste how much of the doctor's time? What a freaking model of efficiency. I kind of feel like I should be trying to get something wrong with me before the appointment just so I don't waste the copay. Any suggestions?

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home