Thursday, June 03, 2010

thank you, I'll be here all week, tip your waitress

Once he was done, my tattoo guy sends me over to the full length mirror to check out my new ink.

I hold up my shirt for a second, and gasp. "Oh, shit."

I hear the tattoo guy gulp - he's slightly new-ish and was telling me about being worried about screwing up anyone's tattoo. "What?"

"Um... small problem.'

"What?"

"I don't really know how to say this... but... shoot, I can't believe I didn't notice this before... but, um, it's backwards."

He frowns and I turn around and point at it. "It's not backwards."

I turn back around and point at the mirror. "It's backwards."

"No, that's just the reflec... oh, you're fucking with me, right? The price just doubled."

"Worth it for the look in your face."

EDIT: fine, here's a link to the ink - it's on the right half of my ribcage - it looks a bit crooked, but it's not, it's how I'm standing as I'm trying to take the shot. Next time, I'll be more mindful of how easily I can photograph the spot before I get a tattoo.

Labels:

1 comment(s):

  • So what is the new tattoo of? Talk, talk, talk and no photo! Curious people want to know or just me.

    By Blogger nitza, at 4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home