Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Once Bitten, Twice Shy

I am terrified of sharks. Terrified. Like, to such a level that I won't go into water that is deeper than my ankles, especially if the water is murky or anything other than crystal clear and/or chlorinated.

Logically, I know that the chances of me actually being bitten by a shark are remarkably slim, but that logic just doesn't translate to the rest of my body*.

Being the masochist that I am, though, every year I watch the hell out of Shark Week. I will watch hours upon hours of footage of sharks swimming and eating cute little baby seals and listen intently to biologists and marine curators and shark bite victims and relatives of shark bite victims and anyone else who happens to get on camera.

This year, though, is different, better somehow - is it new shows, new footage, a new logo? Nope, new host - Craig Effing Ferguson. I love that man and would watch him read the back of a shampoo bottle**.

really, this whole post was just an excuse to post this -

It's sage advice - everyone should live every week like it's Shark Week. Everyone should approach every single day as though he or she needed to be home by 9/8c to see a show about the two thousand pound apex predators that lurk in the ocean waiting for an opportunity to eat you. If more people did this, I think we'd all be a little more clear on our priorities.




*and, yes, I love love love going to the beach to take pictures, it's easily my favorite way to spend a day.

** I mean, I would if the restraining order weren't in effect and I could get within 50 feet of his shower.

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home