Monday, August 02, 2010

so I was in the middle of writing this post about the different content filters I have for different friends and how sometimes I can be debating with one friend the virtues of nostalgia versus no-stalgia* and talking about what to say when a stripper asks you to pay her phone bill** with another friend, but then I got tired and went to bed.

And then last night in my non-pharmaceutical sleep, I dreamed that I had blond(ish) streaks in my hair and it actually looked kind of cool. I also dreamed that... my Aunt Flow was visiting (she's not... not that she's late or anything, no need to plan a second-coming party, she just visited a week or so ago... aren't you glad you know?).

blond - To dream that you dye your hair blond, indicates that you literally need to lighten up and quit being so serious all the time. Try to be more upbeat (really? Have we met? I mean, really. The only way I could be less serious would be if I wore a rainbow afro wig and a big red nose... guess I need to go shopping today?)

but I was still kind of brunette - To see or dream that you are a brunette, indicates that you need to be more down to earth (great, my dreams are encouraging me to be granola - brb, stocking up on patchouli oil). It may also be symbolic of your sultriness and smoldering sexuality (... sure, what could be more sultry than a girl who posts pictures of scabby knees and can sprain her ankle WALKING [which I did last week, thankyouverymuch]).

menstruation - To dream of menstruation, indicates that you are releasing your pent-up tension and worry. It signals an end to the difficult times and the beginning of relaxation (I'll get another refill of Ambien?). Some creative energy is being released or recognized (FINALLY, someone is going to recognize my mad photography skillz and I'm going to be able to buy a fabulous loft in New York and make a living behind a camera) . Alternatively, the dream means that you are denying your feminine side (so... I guess this means I need to stop standing up to pee?)



*not surprisingly, I'm pro-no-stalgia, possibly because I've been on a cleaning-out binge lately, getting rid of way too much stuff (physical and emotional and email-otional) lately.

** the correct response was to suggest she "get a prepaid phone" or "be a better stripper"

Labels: ,

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home