Sunday, July 25, 2010

I woke up this morning and decided it would be a good idea to go to the fair

Even though I was well aware that the fair, like so many things in life, is better in theory than in reality.

In theory, it's bright lights, delicious food, gleeful children and fun games.

In reality, it's too hot, the food is expensive, it smells like the hindquarters of a goat and those prizes aren't nearly as cool as they were when I was a kid. Oh, and it's wall-to-wall dregs of humanity, like legions of people who were banished from Walmarts.

Still, good for a few pictures -




I always say that a fair's not a fair without piglet races...



not just a place that happens to serve chocolate-covered bacon, a whole stand devoted to it

oh, right, like I wasn't going to take a picture of the restroom with the "seating in rear" sign?




On your left, fixed games stocked with crap prizes. On your right side, death traps assembled by twitchy meth heads - take your pick!

Labels:

1 comment(s):

  • Best descpription of the fair ever. I hadn't been since I was 9, I hated it then, and I discovered that I still hate it....the things we do for our kids. :)

    By Blogger Giggly, at 1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home